Fire Ant Control, LLC, provides the most effective and affordable fire ant solution for homes and businesses in Arcadia, Florida, and beyond. Our services are fully licensed and insured, and guaranteed to help protect your property for six months at a time or your money back.
Outside of calling licensed pest management professionals like Fire Ant Control, there is no “best way” to kill destructive fire ants. The key to controlling them is to identify them quickly and take action to minimize the damage they cause to humans, animals and property.
About Red Imported Fire Ants
Red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) are the worst of all fire ant species because they reproduce rapidly, do extensive damage, and are more aggressive than other species.
They are a well-known pest throughout the southeastern United States, infesting crops in southern states and spreading westward into California and northward along the east coast.
Here are several interesting facts about these detested troublemakers:
- Fire ants are hard-working architects. They build nests outdoors in mounds of soil and live beneath them in elaborate networks of underground colonies.
- The oval-shaped mounds average 10” tall, are about as wide as a dinner plate, have no visible openings, and may extend up to 25 feet away from the mound.
- It’s not unusual for established colonies of fire ants with multiple queens to have up to 40 million ants.
- Despite originating from South America, fire ants are known for their ability to survive extreme conditions and can live in cold temperatures as low as (16°F).
- Even floods won’t drown or deter them. They latch onto each other to form a raft with the queen in the middle and float until they come across dry land where they can re-establish a colony.
- Though fire ants primarily feed on seeds and young plants, they also feed on small animals and birds.
- Fire ants are most often found outdoors, but can gain access to buildings through HVAC systems and AC units.
- The painful, venomous sting of fire ants can injure both humans and animals. Much like a bee sting, a sting can be serious, even lethal.
About Our Proven Treatment
To eliminate a fire ant colony, the queen must be killed. In multi-queen colonies, all queens must be killed. If the queens are not killed, the colony will most likely establish itself in another nearby area.
Fire Ant Control, LLC’s proven fire ant treatment focuses on sterilizing the queen. Extermination is not instantaneous but, once the worker ants have eaten the potent granular bait and carried it down into the colony, sterilizing the queen, the entire colony will disappear, and no new ants will be born.
Your property will be nearly free of fire ants within weeks; however, because fire ants fly to mate, they may return. For this reason, we recommend having your property treated twice a year to prevent them from re-colonizing your property.
We’re so confident our treatment works, we guarantee that it will rid your residential, commercial or agricultural property of 85-95% of your fire ants for six months at a time, or your money back.
When you’re ready to keep red imported fire ants from damaging your Arcadia property or harming your family, friends and pets, give Fire Ant Control, LLC, a call today at (239) 244-1436 for a free estimate!