Looking for a fast, reliable Golden Gate Estates Fire Ant Treatment provider?
Look no further! Pine-Island based Fire Ant Control can treat any size infestation on any agricultural, commercial, or residential property.
We specialize in treating large and small properties and we leave existing landscaping unharmed.
There are several species of Fire Ants throughout the United States, but the Red Imported Fire Ant (Solenopsis invicta) is considered the most destructive and dangerous of all.
These ants have become a major problem in many parts of the country, especially here in Southwest Florida.
Their ability to rapidly reproduce combined with their aggressive behavior and painful bites and stings have turned them into one of the most hated and feared insects around.
Fire Ants love our climate here in Southwest Florida.
They thrive in warm temperatures and seek uninterrupted sunlight in areas like yards, fields, and golf courses. They are active year-around, but love the summer since significant rainfall makes the ground extremely moist and attractive.
Worst of all, what you see in your yard is often just the tip of the iceberg.
Below the surface, Fire Ant mounds are often large cities, containing as many as 200,000 – 300,000 citizens. Inside a busy colony, everyone has a specific job:
The male drones breed with the queen. Female workers maintain order and care for the young. And the queen breeds!
As young queens are born and they mature, they often fly off with a male to start a whole new colony, which creates more mounds and spreads the problem even more throughout your property.
3 Reasons To Take Fire Ants Seriously
- A small problem WILL get worse. After a colony has been established, winged male and additional female queen ants develop. Their job is to leave the colony to mate and start new colonies. After this mating flight, which is often just a couple of yards away, the fertilized Fire Ant queen lands, sheds her wings, and starts a whole new colony. Within no time at all your entire property can become infested with Fire Ants.If left unchecked, they can quickly take over your entire property and create big problems ranging from loss of lawn to damaged foundations and electrical outlets, injury to pets, kids, livestock, and more.
- Fire Ants are not just dangerous to people and pets, but can also destroy electrical outlets, driveways, walkways, landscaping, and cement slab foundations.
- Fire Ants create an unsafe environment in yards, school yards, playing fields, parks, and recreational areas. The bites and stings are painful, and to some, extremely dangerous… And a Fire Ant colony can house hundreds of thousands of ants!
According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI), Fire Ants are common throughout all of Florida. Sting attack rates have been reported as high as 50 percent in Fire Ant infected-areas, and people who have had an allergic reaction to a sting in the past have a 60 percent chance of receiving a similar or more severe reaction if stung again.
Symptoms of a fire ant allergy can include:
- Hives, itching and swelling not just at the site of the sting, but also in other areas
- Stomach cramps, intense nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Tightness in the chest and difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the tongue or throat, and difficulty swallowing
- Anaphylaxis, which can include dizziness, a sharp drop in blood pressure and even cardiac arrest!
If you’re ready to rid your yard of these harmful pests, give us a call today at 239-244-1436.
We are happy to provide a free consultation over the phone and treatment is quick, easy, and affordable!